Friday, October 15, 2010

I thought I'd paint all day, but the snails got into my Head

I was happily doing landscapes for the first time in a few weeks. What gorgeous weather to inspire a painter! Oh, God, that it would stay this way. But I know I'm going to be cursing around the house in a few short months because my hands will be stinkin' cold all stinkin' winter!

But the crochet muse wouldn't leave me alone, and these snails were quick to invent. I'm sure they've been "invented" before by lots of crocheters, it's kindof a no-brainer, making a spiral of double-crochets into a snail shell, and from there a body is a snap. But I still love them and think they'd look great sliding their way across a little dress or scarf. Maybe I'll write up the pattern, I don't know.

If you'd like to see my crochet patterns, they're at my etsy store and if you're curious about what I do when I'm not crocheting, you can see my art at my snooty art store

No comments:

Post a Comment